This beautiful side table was the matching piece to what is now my cable/internet box holder.
- I did the same processes as usual, starting with applying chemical stripper. I watched it bubble up for about 20 minutes before using a scraper to remove the paint and stripper.
- After removing the paint that I could the stripper had left a sticky residue behind that needed to be removed with a product called After Wash.
- I then sanded the rest of it down with 120 grit paper.
- I used spray paint with this piece because the surfaces were smaller and there were so many of them. It is hard to get into the small crevasses with a brush and get a smooth coat.
- I sprayed three coats of white spray paint sanding with 320 grit sandpaper in-between each coat.
- I finished with polyurethane on the top surface to ensure the paint last.