The holiday season is upon us and what better way to start this festive time of year off then with some DIY Christmas decorations.
If you’re like me at the end of a long day (or halfway through the day) it’s nice to sit back and relax with a nice big glass of wine. Why not do something creative with all those left over wine corks? This easy Wine Cork Christmas Tree is the perfect way to upcycle those old wine corks while adding some holiday cheer to your home.
2. Gather all the corks together and start laying them out in the form of a Christmas Tree.
3. Once the Christmas Tree has been established start gluing.
4. After putting a small line of glue onto the cork stick it to the other corks while they are sitting on a flat surface. This will ensure one side of the tree is flat while the other side of the tree will have multiple lengths of corks.
5. Once all the corks are glued in place allow the tree to dry for a couple of hours. Even if the instructions said ‘ready in 20 minutes!’ I always give it a couple hours just to be safe.
6. Once the tree is dry decide what side you like best (flat or uneven) and stand it up (or lay it down) where ever you like for some added holiday cheer!
Don’t Have Your Own Wine Corks?
Ask your local wine bar or restaurant, often times they have a load of corks behind the bar.
Still no luck? Amazon sells recycled wine corks!